With the NBA 2K League’s fourth season quickly approaching, I put together a new series called ‘NBA 2K League Season Four Guides’. I’ll be going team-by-team, providing key information and offseason news, along with statistics, highlights, and storylines. In addition to this post, I teamed up with Strider Visuals to turn these ‘guides’ into videos, which can be found here and at the bottom of this article.
Season Three Results:
- Regular Season: 11-5 record
- Made NBA 2K League playoffs, swept by Wizards District Gaming in round two
- Acquired MamaImDatMan (PG) + OOC Slim (G) in exchange for Dat Boy Shotz (F/C) + Bash (PG)
- Round One, Pick Nineteen: (PF/C) Majestic
- Round Three, Pick Fifty-Five: (PF) Kerry Jr.
Season Four Roster (season three stats):
- 2018 29th overall selection (Blazer5 Gaming; acquired via trade)
- 2019 NBA 2K League MVP
- 2019 All-NBA 2K League First Team
- 2020 All-NBA 2K League Second Team
- 2018 58th overall selection (Mavs Gaming)
- 2019 22nd overall selection (Kings Guard Gaming)
- 2020 3rd overall selection (Kings Guard Gaming)
- 2020 All-Rookie Team
- 2020 All-Defensive Team
- 2018 45th overall selection (Raptors Uprising GC)
- 2019 53rd overall selection (Kings Guard Gaming)
- 2020 Kings Guard Gaming member
- FIBA ESports Team Canada member (2020)
Kerry Jr. (R)
- 2021 55th overall selection (Kings Guard Gaming)
- 2018 28th overall selection (Heat Check Gaming)
- 2020 Blazer5 Gaming member
- 2021 19th overall selection
- FIBA ESports Team Dominican Republic member
Portland, Periscope in the Past; MVP MamaImDatMan to KGG
Kings Guard Gaming had quite the start to their offseason, acquiring 2019 NBA 2K League MVP, MamaImDatMan, from Blazer5 Gaming just weeks after season three’s finale. The team parted ways with core players DatBoyShotz and Bash in the process, with Shotz eventually landing in Brooklyn. After the blockbuster deal, KGG waited patiently until March for draft night, using their two selections on Majestic and KerryJr. at 19th and 55th overall.
New additions Mama and Majestic are former teammates, reuniting in Sacramento after spending season three together in Portland. These two, along with Kerry Jr., will join a core of Yusuf, a skilled defensive-minded big, Crushy, one of the league’s top lockdown defenders, and Seemo, a veteran shooting guard entering his fourth season in the NBA 2K League. The team has a combined 13 years of league experience heading into the season.
After seeing positive results last year that included solid tournament runs, 11 wins, and a playoff berth, the team’s season came to an abrupt end when they met the eventual champions, Wizards District Gaming, in the playoffs. Now, with a retooled roster headlined by MamaImDatMan, returning one of the league’s best defensive cores, Kings Guard Gaming prepares for a much deeper postseason run.
As always, thank you for reading. All likes, retweets, comments, subscriptions, etc. are greatly appreciated. YouTube video produced by Strider Visuals. All player statistics courtesy of 2KZN, found at 2khq.com. Click here for the other Season Four Guides.